The regular meeting of SAFE was called to order at 4:35 pm on March 8, 2020 at Waterbean Coffee, facilitated by Kevin Elder, President.
Nicole Van Baelen
Approval of Agenda
The agenda was unanimously approved as distributed.
Approval of Minutes
The minutes of the February 8, 2020 meeting were unanimously approved as distributed.
Open Issues /Unfinished Business
Unfinished Business from last meeting February 9, 2020
Kevin- John F. Got a sponsor for the wrap on the back of an ICATS bus (runs in Mooresville) – Cost 1,000 –stays on bus until the bus goes out of commission
Advertisements will stay on for a few years. Can change the wrap. Pay for the new wrap and design only
Will Washam should be able to help us with what kind of message we want.
- New Business: Think of what we want for a message on the bus
See if we could do busses that go through Davidson, Cornelius and Huntersville
Would need to do some fundraisers
Need to have some kind of separate website that goes on the advert. So we can track who is looking at the info.
Which message was more effective? Web traffic
- LivableMeck (Kevin)
- Scott sent an email a while back. He never got a response back from the County Manager.
- They are excited to partner up with us. Good opportunity to get our name out there. Lots of eyes on their organization. No Cost. A community partnership
- Livable Meck is Vision Zero for Meck County. Partner with different groups to get the word out on certain things. They don’t know the priorities for other towns. They have different areas they focus on and we would fall under Safety.
- If we partner with them can they do a story on us? Kevin said yes.
- Scott M. Said the concept is very interesting.
- Jeff good idea to get our name out there most likely will not lead to any money but its networking. They have check boxes that they need to meet.
- Enhancing the quality of life in the community.
- Video update (JP)
- Touch based with Travis Beam and Sean Kerlin
- They really want to get Jimmy Johnson, John Hunter N, Dale Earnhardt Jr
- Joe Gibbs lots of guys ride.
- Nicole will ask Thomas Lanahan for video production
- Safe passage
- Double yellow line passing is legal in NC
- Reach out of Terry at bike walk (Jeff)
- Need donations (Bobby L video) was all donated
- Jeff – should touch base with channels (work on the relationships now)
- Ruth- Short PSA’s (15, 30 secs)
- JP/Jeff- what do we want to talk about. Education – cyclist of the right to be on the road. Dangers for riding on the sidewalk
- Little slogans
Drivers Ed- has changed a lot in regards to cycling. (Brakes and Drive)
Build a model for presenting to drivers ed classes.
- Yellow Vests (Nicole) –
- 1 imprint – safe logo – 500 – $486
- 2 imprints – 500 – $560
- Scott said people are just not interested. (Polite) confuses people
- Jeff said it sounds expensive
- Put on the back burner for not
- Ben Baker – companies
Non Profit / Name Non Profit – Kevin
- Separate from Mac
- Go through Legal Zoom (400 vs 1500 for Lawyer)
House Signs ( Nicole)
-Postnet pretty expensive.
– Jeff (Victory) a little cheaper
-Signs could be a good fundraiser
Reaching out to the local cycling groups
Banner Ad (Jeff) will run for free for us
Weekly rides page (build out some landing pages)
Add donation link and meeting schedule for others to join.
D9 Swell Riders – Mondays
Cornelius Draft house – Wednesdays
Update from Erika – Please look at google doc for the update
Watch for me Program – has money to use (we should touch base with them)
Research previous videos – very important –
NCDOT Request- town of Mooresville is working on the request. Putting up signs and meeting the requirements “May use full lane”.
Looking at the town maps to pick the roads that need these signs.
Update on the speed limit reduction on 115. Has not heard back yet. This will be hard to get.
Cornelius is focusing on “town” streets vs state.
Only certain capabilities.
36 DMV’s – cost bracket for each one
Only certain ones have time slots availability
4 different videos is possible
Jeff – Too much going on – We need to focus on things that we can do. Meaning local engagement vs. trying to reach all the people in DMV
If we had a lot of sponsors and money this would be great but its too much right now.
Secretary- Jenn – approved – Back up for Ruth
Community Liaison- Nicole – approved
Treasurer: JP – approved
President- Kevin – approved
VP – Jason and Scott M – approved
Ruth- Charity ride’s around here we should have a booth to promote, sell items
Ruth will donate the money for the non profit.
Grant programs – for state and city (Ruth and Jenn)
Anything we need to farm out we should find a cyclist that does it.
Scott- Infrastructure report
Law enforcement involved – police will be come to the first rides of the Cornelius bike groups
Agenda for Next Meeting
- Nonprofit update
Meeting was adjourned at 5:58pm by Kevin Elder, President . The next general meeting will take place at 4:30 on April 5, 2020
|Minutes submitted by:||Jennifer Senos|