The regular meeting of SAFE was called to order at 6:06 pm on May 4, 2020 via Microsoft team meeting facilitated by Kevin Elder, President and Jennifer Senos, Secretary
Nicole Van Baelen
Approval of Agenda
The agenda was unanimously approved as distributed.
Approval of Minutes
The minutes of the April 5, 2020 meeting were unanimously approved as distributed.
- 501(c) – Non Profit application
- Ruth and Kevin will work on looking over the full application and coming up with items/goals that are not mentioned in our mission statement.
- They will set up a separate meeting soon to get the application finished.
- Ruth looked over some of the data and feels like in order to get everything done correctly she will need to look over what Kevin did so far.
- IRS needs and wants specifics when it comes to what the non profit is working on. Brainstorming and getting this done correctly is very important
- Ride of Silence
- Kevin mentioned that Jeff V.’s Ride of Silence is going to happen.
- Laura said it was going to happen but the details are yet to be established.
- We should support his ride in whatever way we can.
- Our ride has been canceled for this year but Nicole mentioned that maybe we could do solo rides or small group ride and have something pinned to our jersey’s that represent the Ride of Silence.
- Even solo rides can make a big impact on honoring the individuals that have been killed or injured.
- We have a lot in place for next year with the support of the Huntersville Police and local restaurants.
- Other business
- Nicole mentioned that Race teams are starting back up and that we will be able to contact them in regards to doing the video soon.
- Kevin decided to start the MAC rides up soon (Mid May). He did his research on when other area cycling groups were starting back up. There will be rules. Small groups and social distancing while riding.
- Jason H. said that he would most likely follow in Kevin’s footsteps and start the Cornelius Drafthouse rides up soon.
- Erika mentioned that she submitted the proposal for new signage for the Town of Mooresville. She put in for 14 new signs.
Agenda for Next Meeting please submit by the end of May
Next meeting is scheduled for June 1, 2020 6pm via Microsoft team meeting online
Meeting was adjourned at 6:32 pm by Kevin Elder, President .
|Minutes submitted by: